“That’s the thing about house,” a friend once said to me at a party, “It sure is reliable”.
I think he was right, and the same can be said about breakbeat. Fads come and go, but house and breaks are the pillars that hold up electronic music.
Simple ideas are typically the ones that don’t need changing. The way electronic music has survived over the years is by keeping to the basics.
The first movement of this mix represents a modern interpretation of electro – an exciting set of mid-tempo, aggressive house. You’ll notice a couple of remixes in this half especially that were created just for this mix(and will be released on this site for general download soon).
Halfway through, this mix switches gears, going into breaks territory. The tracks in this set all are quite modern from a production standpoint, but all owe a great deal to the original electro-breaks sound of the 1980s that gave birth to modern electronic music culture.
This is SHOCKED.
1st Movement: Electro House
- (0:00) Karl D – Dante’s Revenge
- (02:25) Karl D – Logic Bomb
- (05:05) Karl D – Reactor(Remix)
- (06:41) Karl D – Shocking
- (10:57) Robyn – Dancing on My Own
2nd Movement: Electro Breaks
- (15:34) Karl D – 4_07(from random beats, vol. 4)
- (17:58) Karl D – So Many Different People
- (20:23) Karl D – 3_11(from random beats, vol. 3)
- (24:14) Above and Beyond – Indonesia
- (26:38) Karl D – Typhoon
Karl D – Shocked(Right click and choose Save As to download)