“They might call it house because it’s not a serious production, or has to be planned…it’s just how you feel. And when you want to say something, you just say it.”
-Unknown sample, House Connection Vol. 2, Bad Boy Bill and Richard “Humpty” Vission
House music never won an award for being complex. In fact, the simple, escapist nature of house is not lost on me.
It’s for this reason that I feel a strong connection to house. House has a way of making life’s problems seem insignificant; and in all it’s simplicity, there is so much opportunity and freedom.
This mix is a dose of straight-up house. The tracks were overwhelmingly created specifically for this mix, which is one reason this has taken so long since the last mix. With that said, the vision I’ve presented here is one that’s been brewing for some time. There’s a variety of new remixes of old tracks, as well as some new material, like the other mixes in this series.
This is simple, feel good music, which doesn’t warrant any explanation greater than that. From here, we can build so much. Here, there is safety. This is FOUNDATION.
- (0:00) 2_01 (From random beats, vol. 2)
- (1:02) Karl D – Pump It 2014
- (4:07) Karl D – Feel The Rhythm
- (6:58) Karl D – Foundation Loop 01
- (8:15) Karl D – Foundation Loop 02
- (10:02) Karl D – Awareness(House Mix)
- (12:54) Karl D – Foundation Loop 03
- (15:45) Karl D – Good Vibration
- (18:03) Karl D – True North
Thanks for checking this mix out! You can now get the exclusive tracks from this mix anywhere you buy music, in the “FOUNDATION EP”.